How do I clean a clogged plumbing drain pipe? Useful tips to help you to clean the clogged plumbing drain pipe, it is workable for bathroom shower drain, bathtub drain, sink drain, bathroom drain or kitchen floor drain.
If a drain is simply moving slowly, a clog may be starting to form or the vent system may be blocked. You can use a chemical drain cleaner to open a slow-moving drain, but be careful: Their caustic nature can damage certain kinds of pipes and upset the delicate chemical balance of a septic system. And if the drain becomes fully clogged, the caustic solution that fills the pipes and backs up into the bathtub or sink can burn your skin and make it dangerous to plunge or use a snake to clear the drain.
- Plunge the drain at the plumbing fixture.
- Try to clear out a hair blockage in a sink or tub drain with the help of a straightened coat hanger (bend a small hook at one end). To do this, first remove the pop-ups (hair and debris can collect around these assemblies).
- Connect a hydraulic bladder to a garden hose, and try to blast-out the clog.
- Try to clear the blockage with a snake, working from the fixture.
- Try to clear the blockage with a snake, working from a branch cleanout.
Did you solved the problem on how to clean the bathroom shower drain, bathtub drain, sink drain, bathroom drain or kitchen floor drain? Welcome to share your experience with others at the comments below.