How to Install a Hand-Held Shower Head？Installing a flexible, hand-held shower head is a simple project that can be performed by even the most inexperienced homeowner/plumber using simple tools available in most home tool boxes.
In addition to upgrading the hardware in your bathroom the installation of a hand-held shower head provides flexibility in the shower that aids in cleaning and maintaining the shower. This installation can be completed in ten minutes or less.
- Use an adjustable wrench to remove the existing, fixed shower head and set this aside.
- Clean residue build-up on shower head threads by wetting the threads with vinegar. Then clean them with steel wool or a Brillo pad.
- Wipe any residue from the surface and dry it with paper towel.
- Allow the threads to dry and then wrap threads with one layer of Teflon tape wrapped in a clockwise direction.
- Thread the hand-held hose attachment over the outlet pipe threads and slowly screw the hose in place over the Teflon-coated threads.
- Tighten until you can tighten no longer. Do not force additional tightening.
- Select a desired position for placement of the wall mount to be used when the shower head is to be used as a regular shower. Typically this will be equal in height and 6 to 8 inches to the side of the old (fixed) shower head location.
- Evenly distribute water resistant glue on the back side of the wall mount bracket and place it in the selected position on the shower wall.
- Secure the bracket in place using masking or duct tape until the glue dries. Allow the glue to dry for 24 hours.
- Remove the tape and place hand-held shower head in wall mounted bracket and adjust head to point in desired direction for use as a fixed shower.
- Use the flexible shower head as a hand-held shower head by unsnapping it from the wall mounted bracket.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 flexible, hand-held shower head
- 1 adjustable wrench
- 1 roll of Teflon plumber’s tape
- 1 tube of water-proof glue
- 1 steel wool or Brillo pad
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 10 inches of duct tape
Hand held showers installation is convenient! An excellent job you have done, need more support? please feel free to submit your comments now!
Hot topics of premium kitchen faucet and bathroom fixtures:
- ducha de mano