How to Install a Hand-Held Shower Head？Installing a flexible, hand-held shower head is a simple project that can be performed by even the most inexperienced homeowner/plumber using simple tools available in most home tool boxes.
In addition to upgrading the hardware in your bathroom the installation of a hand-held shower head provides flexibility in the shower that aids in cleaning and maintaining the shower. This installation can be completed in ten minutes or less.
- Use an adjustable wrench to remove the existing, fixed shower head and set this aside.
- Clean residue build-up on shower head threads by wetting the threads with vinegar. Then clean them with steel wool or a Brillo pad.
- Wipe any residue from the surface and dry it with paper towel.
- Allow the threads to dry and then wrap threads with one layer of Teflon tape wrapped in a clockwise direction.
- Thread the hand-held hose attachment over the outlet pipe threads and slowly screw the hose in place over the Teflon-coated threads.
- Tighten until you can tighten no longer. Do not force additional tightening.
- Select a desired position for placement of the wall mount to be used when the shower head is to be used as a regular shower. Typically this will be equal in height and 6 to 8 inches to the side of the old (fixed) shower head location.
- Evenly distribute water resistant glue on the back side of the wall mount bracket and place it in the selected position on the shower wall.
- Secure the bracket in place using masking or duct tape until the glue dries. Allow the glue to dry for 24 hours.
- Remove the tape and place hand-held shower head in wall mounted bracket and adjust head to point in desired direction for use as a fixed shower.
- Use the flexible shower head as a hand-held shower head by unsnapping it from the wall mounted bracket.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 flexible, hand-held shower head
- 1 adjustable wrench
- 1 roll of Teflon plumber’s tape
- 1 tube of water-proof glue
- 1 steel wool or Brillo pad
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 10 inches of duct tape
Hand held showers installation is convenient! An excellent job you have done, need more support? please feel free to submit your comments now!
- ducha de mano
- how to glue hand held shower heads