No matter you have a two handle kitchen faucet or single lever kitchen tap, if it start leaking, you need to learn how to repair a kitchen faucet. Let us share the experience about Kitchen Faucet Handle Repair or Replacement Steps.
Before start, you need to be sure if you have a same kitchen faucet handle. There are many faucet handles in various finishing. If your old kitchen faucet in bronze color, you should buy a brone faucet handle.
1. Turn off the water supply – you don’t want water to suddenly spout all over do you? There are usually two water supply shut-off valves beneath your sink. Turn them off by twisting the valves in a clockwise direction.
2. The grip or lever of the fixture should have a retaining screw, this must be removed. This screw’s location depends on the fixture’s design. For cartridge type fixtures, the grip has a circular piece sitting on top of it. This is called the index cap. This can be removed by prying it off the grip using a flathead screwdriver. When the screw is exposed, remove it using a Phillips head screwdriver.
For disc fixture style, the retaining screw is located at the base of the grip or lever. Use the Allen wrench to remove this by turning it in a counter-clockwise direction.
3. After unscrewing the retaining screw, lift the grip or lever straight up.
4. Now position the replacement grip or lever over the fixture assembly and proceed to install the replacement screw. If your replacement is for a cartridge type of fixture, simply place the lever or grip onto the assembly. After this, tighten the screw and place the index cap over it. Press on the cap until you hear a click which means it has latched properly in place.
For a disc type fixture, poise the lever or grip onto the assembly then install the setscrew and tighten it with the Allen wrench.
5. Now turn the water supply on and test your handiwork. Since the procedure is pretty straightforward, you should have any problems at all.
If you want to learn more about kitchen faucet repair tips, visit Faucet Installation and Repair. To order spare faucet parts and faucet handle, please visit Sanliv product catalog online.
Hot topics of premium kitchen faucet and bathroom fixtures:
- byte köksblandare
- faucet handle replacement h118