New Bathroom Shower Faucet Replacement and Installation – How to install or replace a new shower faucet? DIY tips on how to install a shower faucet with easy steps.
Before starting the installation here are few things you need to take care.
- Check the supply pipe for leaks.
- Replace wall with moisture resistance dry wall as base for wall covering.
- Always clean the pipe thread and apply a new pipe joint compound.
- Run hot and cold water lines to shower mixing valve attached.
- Plan for a trap door in wall.
These are just a few factors you need to consider before installation. Now let us begin the new bathroom shower faucet installation.
- First you can connect the shower in two ways. You can either choose the conventional method with copper pipes or you can opt for PEX pipes. The plastic pipes are easy to install when compared to the copper pipes.
- The next thing you need to do is the shut off the water supply and drill a hole in the shower walls with a hole saw. It is better to plan before hand where to install the shower and the faucet and mark them with a pencil.
- Now position the valve so that UP indication points upward and then connect the hot and cold water pipes to each side of the valve. When welding them take care to see that overheating does not take place. You can also use welding adapters if required. Secure the valve inside the wall and connect the raise tube and spout pipe in welded adapters. If valve is without spout then use a brass cap to block the outlet that will not be used. Put the shower in place. This completes the installation of the valve.
- Next to install the faucet handle slide the decorative plate in the valve and position the handle screw adapter on cartridge using hexagonal key.
- Now to install the shower head connect the upper outlet to shower head supply pipe after applying Teflon tape. Wrap clockwise the shower head’s pipe filets with Teflon tape. Manually screw shower head using adjustable wrench.
- Finally to install the spout turn the spout on copper pipe so that set screw faces up. Tighten the screw with hexagonal key and then turn spout to normal position.
- Last but not the least open the hot and cold water supply and check if there is no leak. Next open the faucet to lukewarm position to release all the air caught in the pipes.
That is a excellent job well done. If you do not know where to find high quality bathroom faucets or kitchen faucet, strongly recommend to order at Sanliv.com/. Various bidet faucet, basin mixer taps, shower faucets, bath faucets for your choose.Premium kitchen and bathroom fixtures:
- montaggio miscelatore doccia
- douchekraan installeren
- byta duschblandare
- miscelatore doccia montaggio
- shower tap replacement